Monday 3 June 2013

7 basic points that constitute the Hijaab.

7 basic points that constitute the Hijaab.

·    Covering all of the body including feet, except what can be shown (i. e. face and hands, although some major scholars have said it is Wajib to cover these as well)
·        Clothes should not be such that it would attract attention
·        It is thick and not see-through
·        It is wide and encompassing
·        The clothes and body itself must not have any trace of perfume
·        Clothing does not resemble what is known to be exclusively for males
·        It is not similar to the clothing of a disbeliever

In the ongoing dichotomy between Halal (permissible) and Haraam (forbidden), there should be one concept that each and every one of us should realize: everything that is Halal is always beneficial, and everything that is Haraam is always harmful. Some of us may think we have ‘plausible’ excuses not to wear it, or think it’s just a minor sin (it’s not), but as a saying goes: “Don’t look at the smallness of the sin; rather, look at the One Whom you’re sinning against.

After knowing the certainty of the obligation of wearing the Hijaab, it should be clear what should come next. It’s not enough that we accept it as a command from Allah, but we should also wholeheartedly embrace it as our identity, as part of who we are. If we leave something for Allah’s sake, then He will reward us with something better, likewise when we do something that would please Him. And truly Allah loves those who obey Him. No other enticement is more persuasive for us to make the Hijaab part of our lives than this promise from Allah:


"O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Al-Ahzab: 59)

An inspiring poem for those muslim sisters who cover their bodies with veil for the sake of Allah (SWT)

"You look at me and call me oppressed,
Simply because of the way I'm dressed,

You know me not for what's inside,
You judge the clothing I wear with pride,

My body's not for your eyes to hold,
You must speak to my mind, not my feminine mold,

I'm an individual, I'm no mans slave,
It's Allah's pleasure that I only crave,

I have a voice so I will be heard,
For in my heart I carry His word,

"O ye women, wrap close your cloak,
So you won't be bothered by ignorant folk",

Man doesn't tell me to dress this way,
It's a Law from Allaah that I obey,

Oppressed is something I'm truly NOT,
For liberation is what I've got,

It was given to me many years ago,
With the right to prosper, the right to grow,

I can climb mouth or cross the seas,
Expand my mind in all degrees,

For Allaah Himself gave us LIBERTY,
When He sent Islam,

To You and Me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment