Friday 14 December 2012

Live True! Live Original!


This dialogue is between a grandfather and a grandson.  Malik sahab, a Kashmiri writer, who is not much famous, is attending a seminar on Mehjoor at SKICC Srinagar. He has also taken his grandson Ali with him. During the break in seminar at buffet, the dialogue starts.
Malik saib: Ali! You must always strive to live true.
Ali: I didn’t understand, Dadu.
Malik saib: Son, we have learnt wearing masks. Look at faces, all fabricated appearances.
Ali: But, they look happy, Dadu. Aren’t their faces shinning with smiles?
Malik saib: The face is a dangerous destructor of originality, Ali. I know it is hard for you at this age to introspect this.
Ali: Is it bad Dadu to wear a smile on one’s face?
Malik saib: No my child, it is not. But, the face must reflect the truth of smile and the eyes shouldn’t be cold as ice.
Ali: You know Dadu; here, today, I feel the same, as I feel at Lal chowk when sometimes Abu takes me with him to shop. It burdens my heart there. The sounds of these huge laughs and the cacophony of Lal chowk crowds seem similar.
Malik saib: Ah! My son, this is the stage of innocence, haunted and perturbed by heinous materialism.
Ali: Materialism it is. It bleeds peace in us. Isn’t it Dadu?
Malik saib: Right my child, it does. Beware of it and remember always, Happiness, peace and originality are in living true.

No comments:

Post a Comment